Over the past decade, numerous schools around the world have implemented mindfulness-based programs in school with promising outcomes, including improved scholastic performance, increased prosocial behavior, and reduced stress and anxiety. A new and rapidly expanding evidence base supports these practices. This website is designed to provide free resources to enable preschool through high school students, their families, and schools to learn how to use mindfulness to improve academic performance and reduce stress, enhancing their quality of life for years to come.
On this site you will find:
- The Brain, Mindfulness, and Children: An overview of the research and evidence for using mindfulness with youth at home and at school to improve learning and reduce anxiety.
- Steps to Get Your School Started: A step-by-step plan to develop a mindfulness program for your school.
- Mindfulness In-Class Lessons for Kids: Parents, teachers, and students can view three complete in-class lessons that cover brain basics, basic mindfulness, and mindfulness for managing stressful emotions.
- Free Practice Videos for Children: A set of free practice videos for use with elementary or preschool-aged children in class or at home.
- Free Practice Videos for Teens and Adults: A set of free practice videos for older students, teachers, and parents.
- At-Home Practice Instructions: Simple strategies for successfully starting a home practice for families, adolescents and teachers.
- Resources for Learning More: Comprehensive list of resources for students, families, teachers, and schools.